Friday, July 8, 2011

Being Real!

“Self-censorship is not just self-betrayal and self-abandonment (which would be bad enough), but soul-betrayal and betrayal of our Muse, out inner voice, our highest self.” Emerson


Too often we censor ourselves, our actions, and our work in hope or fear of what might happen if we otherwise don’t. What words would you write today, and what actions would you take, if you had nothing to fear, nothing to lose?(Tanner Christensen)

Being Real with one's vision, purpose and values is fundamental.  Too often my self-abandonment or  'censoring' occurs by letting another person's self-abandonment become more important than being real or present with my vision, purpose and values.  At times I betray myself because being real creates tension with those around me...I just don't want to do the battle.  I join the ranks of the "I don't wants", and my energies are directed toward building fortresses of protection rather than creating the vision that comes from living my purpose and values.  The fortress, thought to be protective becomes a prison for my Real, Uncensored Self.

Being Real is knowing my vision, the What -  the future I seek to create for myself.  Being Real is knowing my purpose or the Why, responding to life's question - "What is your meaning?" What is my distinctive purpose?  Being Real is knowing and doing my core values or my How.  These values may be expressed as; loving, integrity, openness, honesty, caring.  The key to Being Real begins with knowing who I am?
  • Who are you?
  • What is your vision?
  • Why?  Your distinctive purpose
  • How do you express your core values?

No comments:

Post a Comment