Monday, July 11, 2011

“Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mirror, mirror on the wall… find the nearest mirror. Look. Keep looking for 3 minutes. Write about what you see. (Esther Poyer)

An interesting exercise.  I rarely look at myself in the mirror - only when attempting to get the perennial 'rooster tail' to cooperate or locating wild hairs to eradicate.  The thoughts I experienced didn't seem to be reflective of those I had imagined of someone of almost 70 years. The image reminded me of my father in his later years.   I saw the reflected image to be stoic and rather flat.  I observed an observer; a seeker of understanding.  This has been a life long pattern; I was called the question box in my early years.  I also saw a calm and peaceful man; comfortable with himself and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment