Thursday, July 7, 2011

Living Vertical...

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.”
What is one thing you can do that would make today worthwhile? What’s stopping you from getting started right now?
Jessica Dang

Today I choose what is most important.  For today I choose to spend with family; working in my garden, sharing skills with a nephew, preparing for a family weekend together.  The effort spent will be with the vision of being with and helping provide for those that are most important in my life.  It is one the languages of my love. From an anonymous verse...


This is the beginning of a new day.
I have been given this day
to use as I WILL.
I can waste it...
or use it for good,
But what I do today is important,
Because I am exchanging
a day of my life for it!
When tomorrow comes,
this day will be gone forever,
Leaving in its place
something that I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain,
and not loss;
Good and not evil;
success and not failure;
In order that I shall not regret
the price I have paid for it.


The challenge for making the choice of doing this day is often filtered through the 'should', 'must' and 'have to' beliefs left by those that I have judged to be more than I am (horizontal thinking).  To live on the vertical, I choose to create value for myself and those around me according to my decisions - knowing clearly my purpose and meaning; and at the close of the day I will have taken one step toward the man I was designed to be. 

What is your one thing for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment