Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Imagination - which way?

“Books are the best of things, well used. What is the right use? What is the one end, which all means go to effect? They are for nothing but to inspire.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Dream, be unreasonable and write what comes to you for 15 minutes. (Ben von Burg)

Emerson viewed books or writing as a means to inspire others. I am sure he would have been a blogger.  My life purpose is to evoke and call out the beauty and capacity that lies in others and is closely connected with the theme of this quote. Imagination is a powerful tool for either creation of value or squander.  This marvelous attribute of the human allows each of use to see that which is unseen whether it be positive or negative.  Anxiety can be imagination seeing the worst case scenario and then living it as if it already is happening.  I choose to use my imagination to vision the creation of that which has value for myself and others. 

A vision isn't an idea but a force of power, a force in my heart.  It may begin as an idea, but soon takes form.  It is seen as existing.  There are few forces as powerful.  The vision answers the question, "what do I want to create?"  It becomes the channel through which my energy flows and brings focus to my life. This can be like a child, How will I care for it?  Will I nurture it or will I let it fend for itself?  Will I attempt to control it or let it begin to have its own identity; ever expanding into something greater than  imagined at first?  Will I allow it to be come my teacher?  This is one of the greatest expressions of my role as a creator to imagine and to inspire others to have and live their dream.

1 comment:

  1. I love the analogy of the child. So true. The deal is they will become their own person with or without you. Why not with?

    ReplyDelete