Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Do the Work!

Do your work, and I shall know you. Do your work, and you shall reinforce yourself. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Someone in a recent group I worked with said, as if in a 'breakthrough' moment,  "today is the first day of the rest of my life".  I commented "that sounds like one of the posters I read when I was in graduate school in the late '60s."  The puzzled look on the face was my reality check; this person was a second generation of those times, and this truly was a 'breakthrough'.

Having one life to live; one day, one hour, one moment...what will I exchange this precious time for?  Each of us has this one life given to us, not knowing its length or condition - will you do the work?  Will your work reflect the woman or man that you are?  Doing who we are allows others to know and be connected in an honest and intimate way.  Doing our work is the way of strengthening our sense of being and personal power. 

Our map to follow is to be created by ourselves.  It becomes our job description. "Make everything you do every day worth the time you spend on it."   "And don't fire yourself!" (Colin Wright)

Each can write their own job description, if we don't - we find ourselves loosing the precious, non-renewable resource of our "moments".  Your dreams, your imagination, and your intuitions are the tools to create the map and write your job description.  Do the Work!

No comments:

Post a Comment