Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dream Big

Abide in the simple and noble regions of thy life, obey thy heart. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dreams are a vital part of human happiness!  Our lives are designed for growth and expanding awareness.   When there is a sense of growth and change there is a sense of happiness even when there other elements of our lives aren't working so well.  Happiness is a result of being expansion.  This expansion is definitely connected to our dreams.  My dreams are connected to my sense of purpose and meaning in my life.  These dreams allow me to know more fully my purpose and meaning...they are the voice of the hidden area of my self that learned to discount their value.  Dream big, that is a the key for me...even if my conventional wisdom would argue its vanity.

One of my intermediate dreams is to assist the people of Joplin, Mo as they recover from the devastation of May 22.  My vision is the healing of broken dreams, loss of what had been the meaning of life for many.  There are many challenges to come as the stress of that devastation impacts personal relationships, marriages, parenting, fear of starting again.

Another dream is of empowerment of individuals who struggle with their personal ineffectiveness and buying the irrational belief their lives are stuck and have to settle rather than being powerful creators.

Another is to be with my wife and family in times of joyous fellowship and connection. 

My greatest challenge to empowering and bringing to existence these dreams is my pattern of becoming a prisoner of the urgent and loudest 'squeak' in my day to day world.

Write down your top three dreams. Now write down what’s holding you back from them.
(Author: Michael Rad)

No comments:

Post a Comment