Sunday, June 26, 2011

Personal Recipe

I do not wish to expiate, but to live. My life is for itself and not for a spectacle. I much prefer that it should be of a lower strain, so it be genuine and equal, than that it should be glittering and unsteady. I wish it to be sound and sweet, and not to need diet and bleeding. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


    Think about the type of person you’d NEVER want to be 5 years from now.*   My first response to this prompt was, "What I think about, I bring about."  and wasn't excited about writing to this one.  Knowing this truth for me, I take in hand the task to discover something new.
     Taking the past of least resistance is the person I never want to be! Many I know that are my age have arrived at a place of 'retirement' which doesn't compute for me.  I choose not to become solely self-centered and self-focused...viewing everything with "what's in it for me?"  Taking it easy isn't an option for me, I am driven and excited about learning and growing.

My personal recipe* for preventing this is to use my mental and physical gifts daily.  It is joy for me to exercise my imagination, intuition, reason, perception and access my memory.  Most of all continue to use the power of choice and will to create value each day. “Thought is the seed of action.”*

*Harley Schreiber

1 comment:

  1. I am realizing I am a very literal person. This is not good or bad, it just is. I noticed several writers posting were totally against naming the antithesis of what they want to be. However, it is something that does fuel me because, well, I don't want to be that person.

    But I totally understand the concept, "Thought is the seed of action." However, it is by naming my nemesis that I feel I am able to make that recipe against it.

    ReplyDelete