Saturday, June 4, 2011

The One Place

If we live truly, we shall see truly. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Alaska is one place I want to experience.  It is associated with the dream and imagination of my youth.  I often envisioned being in touch with untouched creation and my untapped resources of adaptation and creativity living in this place.  The dream was in contrast with the sense of limitation that was seeming imposed on me by the culture seeking to 'better' me through appropriate behaviors and having the correct answers to questions I never asked. 

Growing up in Oklahoma heat of summer, I spent most nights sleeping outdoors.  Looking at the immense night sky, I became aware that truth was something so great that I could never fully understand and it was truth regardless who spoke it.  It stands on it own, not to be judged; and what appears to be truth in the present moment may be only a portion of a greater truth.  I concluded that I must always be open to knowing the greater truth challenging me to a lifetime of growth and learning.

Back to Alaska -  I choose to travel there during the next two years.  On the journey, I will be open to the dreams and imagination of my youth!

No comments:

Post a Comment